Monday, June 20, 2005

Music Overload Part II

I hope these work, my computer has been acting funny lately. Let me know if they don't.

1. The Warlocks - Surgery
The Warlocks have two drummers. Yes two. Then add four more guitarists and you would think this would just create mayhem. But it's not. I don't know how they do it. Front man Bobby Hecksher has had quite the life. He was raised at a radio station, jammed with Beck, chilled with The Brian Jonestown Massacre, and it all shows on their latest album out this summer.

  • The Warlocks - It's Just Like Surgery
  • The Warlocks - Come Save Us

    2. The Changes - The Changes EP (buy here)
    I first heard of The Changes when Nora posted about them a little while ago. I couldn't get "When I Wake" out of my head. I proceeded to buy their EP in hopes there would be some more ditties like that. Each song is equally as entertaining, but musically superb. I'm no expert, but some of those guitar lines seem flawlessly complicated, far outweigh the catchy lyrics, but you will always keep your feet tapping. I promise. Hey and if you become their friend on myspace, they leave you nice messages.
  • The Changes - When I Wake
  • The Changes - Not Too Serious
  • The Changes - Why Did You Wait So Long

    3. Brendan Benson - The Alternative To Love (buy here)
    Okay, maybe I'm a little slow sometimes. This album came out in March, but it took me until now to actually purchase it. I had basically the entire CD thanks to Chris but I liked it so much, I had to have it. It's beautifully written and what can I say, it's perfect for summer time. It's laidback, romantic, and reminds me of that moment in the sky right before the sun comes down. And you must watch this video for "Cold Hands (Warm Heart)" here. I've never felt so badly for a stick figure. It's fantastic.
  • Brendan Benson - Cold Hands (Warm Heart)
  • Brendan Benson- Gold Into Straw

    4. Calla - Televise (buy here)
    Since 1999, Calla has been making music that defies any New York label, or any musical genre really. They've played with some of my favorites here in the city, and are currently recording a new album, due out later this summer. It's tentatively titled "Collisions" and you tentatively don't know who they are. I'm here to help. Listen. Love. Adore. Thank me later.
  • Calla - Strangler
  • Calla- Televise

    5. Dirty On Purpose - Sleep Late for a Better Tomorrow (buy here)
    Brooklyn's Dirty On Purpose just released their debut EP and I can't get enough. In "Girls & Sunshine" they say that you're living in a dream that you can't get out of." I feel like I'm having a sunny dream running through the fields when I listen to this band. It's lovely.
  • Dirty On Purpose - Cheat Death
  • Dirty On Purpose- Girls & Sunshine
    plus:
  • Dirty On Purpose- To Forget (live from woxy.com)

    That's all for today, folks. Maybe I'll continue this tomorrow. Maybe.

  • 4 Comments:

    Dodge said...

    Mucho sweet...thanks.

    Anonymous said...

    Nice site!
    [url=http://tcanphmu.com/qdnq/khxa.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://tboazqhp.com/sqrp/qgtr.html]Cool site[/url]

    Anonymous said...

    Great work!
    My homepage | Please visit

    Anonymous said...

    Well done!
    http://tcanphmu.com/qdnq/khxa.html | http://haebivcc.com/wogd/qybm.html

    blogger templates | Make Money Online