Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Tendency | Battle

Great songs from around the blogosphere, with my short(ish) take.

Battle - Tendency [via Take Your Medicine]
One of the 1902847192 British bands that will be gracing our presence in Austin. They had me at that opening guitar line. Luckily, they followed it through to the end of this tune. A bit more moody than the rest of the Brit rock we're getting these days, but don't fret...you can still dance to it. I swear.

  • Voxtrot - Soft And Warm (Live On WOXY) [via GvsB]
    I IMed Jerry while listening to this performance yesterday and told him that listening to Voxtrot makes me want to give them all a hug. Who knew there was such thing as huggable music? Check out this live performance of a song off their upcoming EP and you'll see why.

    Irving - Situation [via Indie Don't Dance]
    I've heard a lot about this band lately, mostly because they are opening for Voxtrot on their upcoming tour. Great song, very danceable in your indie-like fashion. Reminds me a bit of the Eels.

    We Are Scientists - History Repeats [via MOKB]
    You'll know this track if you have seen the band live. It's definitely a highlight for me. It's one of the B-sides their latest UK single. Did I mention WAS are on the cover of the next issue of Underrated? Oh. Well I just did.

    The M's - Future Women [via Yeti]
    Probably one of the most pleasing tracks I've heard recently. It's got this rocking quality to it that you can just sway to while it's playing in the background. But then, if you listen closely, you'll find something pretty marvelous.

    Broken Social Scene - Puff The Magic Dragon [via Stereogum]
    You can't go wrong with this song. Okay, maybe you can. But Broken Social Scene couldn't. I'd invite them all to my campfire just so they can sing this. Probably for some other reasons as well.

    Sure Juror - The Drive Will Do You Good [via YANP]
    I just got this CD in the mail yesterday, and dammit I'm hooked. Just listen to this song and you'll immediately know why. Expect a detailed post in the next couple days once I fully digest the album.

    And then when you are done checking out the new stuff, head on over to I Guess I'm Floating for "When We Were Young" a collection of early 90's tracks that I have been rocking all week. Brings back a lot of memories, and dammit, a lot of great songs.

  • blogger templates | Make Money Online