Monday, January 31, 2005


You are underrated. So are we. Let's Rock. Posted by Hello

A self-promotion: UNDERRATED MAGAZINE'S One-Year Anniversary Concert at Tribeca Rock Club. THIS Wednesday, February 2, 2005. Featuring: Tammany Hall NYC, El Jezel, A Brief Smile, and NYCSmoke. Doors open at 7pm. $8. Visit http://www.underratedmagazine.com/ for more information.


So my local newspaper in New Jersey did a story on me and the magazine. I did it only so that news of the show would spread, I'd rather keel over and die than have myself be the focus. So I talked to the freelancer who also works for CNBC and it was a little strange being on that side of the interview, but I was interested to see what she would do with the story. My parents brought it in this Saturday. I couldn't believe how many things were blatenly wrong! How frickin unethical. Even I know how to do basic fact-checking. First off, and most importantly, she got the date of the show wrong. THE WHOLE POINT OF THE ARTICLE. Come on! She also said I graduated 2 years ago (3), lived in the NYU Dorms (live in an apartment), three bands are playing (four), and that I copy the magazines at Kinkos (Unique.) Terrible. Just terrible. And when I wrote a nice but pointed email to the editor of the local newspaper, she didn't even acknowledge. Oh well. What can you do now. Silly journalists...

I can't stop listening to the new Bright Eyes albums. It has perfectly accompanied my mood in the last few weeks, overly stressed causing overly emotional causing lack of sleep causing a tad bit insanity. Anyways, Conor Oberst rocks and even though there is so much hype around him right now, I definitely think he deserves it. So in essence, he's not over or under, he's just rated.

First mp3, enjoy!: We are Nowhere and It's Now from I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning- Bright Eyes (right click and save as or mac users - click holding down control)

0 Comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online