Monday, February 18, 2008

Port O'Brien Q&A



Port O'Brien topped my 2007 Best Album List, and I must admit that I'm bit taken by this California-based band. Their upcoming self-released debut All We Could Do Was Sing will be out in May, and I've been literally emailing their publicist on a routine basis to get my ears on it. Luckily, she assuaged my obsession by offering up a chance to speak to the delightful Van and Cambria of the band, of which the results can be found here:

Port O'Brien: Sailing The Lo-Fi Seas


If you haven't checked out their "collection" The Wind And The Swell, buy it now. The first single off the new LP, "Stuck On A Boat" can be downloaded here.

I hear the band is quite the live show, so count me in for at least one of their two NYC-area performances. Full tour dates are below.

Tour Dates For Port O'Brien:
02/02 - San Francisco, CA - Swedish American Hall*
03/01 - San Francisco, CA - Cafe Du Nord**
03/06 - San Luis Obisbo, CA - Steynberg Gallery
03/07 - Los Angeles, CA - Troubadour***
03/08 - San Diego, CA - The Cashbah**
03/10 - Phoenix, AZ - Modified**
03/19 - St. Louis, MO - The Bluebird**
03/25 - Brooklyn, NY - Union Pool**
03/26 - New York, NY - Pianos**
03/27 - Washington, DC - DC9**
03/28 - Chapel Hill, DC - Local 506**
* with Nada Surf
** with Delta Spirit
*** with Delta Spirit, The Virgins

2 Comments:

tifferschang said...

I know this is an older post but I agree with what you say about Port O'Brien. I showed this song to my sister and at first she didn't like it, but as the song went on, she gave in and admitted to its catchiness.

I'll be at the Pianos show also! (Just wish the Pianos website would let me know the price ahead of time.)

See you there.

tiff

kate said...

Even something more on the band.. Van actually works as a salmon fisher with his family during the summer and off tour.. Check him out here talking about it:
http://www.uncensoredinterview.com/vlogs/9260-Port-O-Brien-Salmon-Scam

blogger templates | Make Money Online