Monday, September 26, 2005

I Want You To Stay

I put myself under house arrest for most of the weekend to get a lot of work done. Instead, I watched documentaries. I don't know why.

But after a mini Lost marathon with Georgia yesterday, we headed into the city to catch the always wonderful Maximo Park at Bowery Ballroom. Last time I saw them it was crowded and hot at Rothko, so this made it an extra special treat.

The Cloud Room opened and seems to be on to big things. While they were a bit awkward on stage (although I geniunely enjoyed the lead singer's humor), the highlight of course was "Hey Now Now." That song still gets me up and dancing. They brought on a bunch of their fans to dance with them on stage, which seemed like a lot of fun.

The Cloud Room @ Bowery Ballroom

The Cloud Room @ Bowery Ballroom


Apparently the show is going to be broadcast on some website, according to a flyer I received while leaving. However, I lost the flyer, so check them website to see if it comes up. They are off to the UK now for a tour with Editors and We Are Scientists -- reason enough for me to leave all my obligations behind and go back to London, don't you think? You can also catch The Cloud Room host MTV2 Subterranean on October 2. Big things, big things.

But it was time for Newcastle's finest, Maximo Park. Man, I love this band. Paul Smith is hands down the most spastic lead singer, and I love it. They threw out a couple new tunes which are equally as likeable as the ones off "A Certain Trigger." For some reason Mr. Smith really likes to sing while pretending to read a book (which we later found out was about post-modern Paris). I didn't really get that, but I love him anyways. For the encore, the keyboard unfortunately broke. Lukas was ok with it though, it gave him more opportunity to dance like a robot on stage. They premiered their new song for the Warchild charity compilation CD in the UK, entitled "Waste Land." Alas, when the night was over I didn't want them to go, they should stay in NYC forever.

Maximo Park @ Bowery Ballroom

Maximo Park @ Bowery Ballroom

Maximo Park @ Bowery Ballroom

Maximo Park @ Bowery Ballroom

Maximo Park @ Bowery Ballroom

See more pictures from last night's show here.

Downloads (right click, save as):
  • Maximo Park - Waste Land
  • Maximo Park - The Night I Lost My Head
  • Maximo Park - Limassol
  • Maximo Park - Going Missing
  • The Cloud Room - Hey Now Now
  • The Cloud Room - Blackout

    Watch The Cloud Room's video for "Hey Now Now" here.

  • 0 Comments:

    blogger templates | Make Money Online