Saturday, February 18, 2006

Gold Lion | Yeah Yeah Yeahs

I meant to post this yesterday, but blogger decided to be a pain. Anyways, here are some new tunes from around the blogosphere to enjoy throughout the weekend:

  • Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Gold Lion
    I was iffy on this track at first; it almost sounded like something that should have gone to Gwen Stefani. And then when the song ended, I wanted to hear it again. And again. Now I listen to it and I want to dance down the streets and be Karen O for the rest of my life. I'm a little late on this (the song has been floating around) but if you haven't heard it yet, you must. Also check out the Diplo remix, it's pretty damn cool. But this original has officially won me over.

  • Bright Eyes - Mushaboom (Feist cover)
    This little ditty showed the wold that Leslie Feist is one to watch. Her original is so incredibly sweet and beautiful, that having Mr. Oberst cover it could have been a complete disaster. Luckily it was not. He keeps it light and airy, and his vocals work pretty damn well. I wonder what it would sound like for them to sing together?

  • Pinback - Penelope
    Susan sent me this song on Thursday and I found it quite incredible. So incredible, that I needed to share. Perhaps I've been out of the loop but I've never heard of Pinback. After some research, I found out that they've been around for a while. "Penelope" is off their 2001 album Blue Screen Life and it is equal parts beautiful and dark. There may be some handclaps, and some Death Cab like melodies, but I find this song, and band, a level above what we call indie-pop-rock.

  • Jens Lekman - Black Cab
    I like Jens Lekman, and I like the fact that we haven't been overexposed to him, yet. Or at least I haven't. Each new song I hear of his I like more than the previous one. This one screams singalong, maybe around a campfire, or maybe even a music venue. I don't know, but I just really want to hear it live.

  • Flaming Lips - Yeah Yeah Yeah Song
    Like the Yeah Yeah Yeah's song (no pun intended) you probably already have this one if you are a constant reader of all the better blogs out there. But if not, here we go. Flaming Lips will never cease to amaze. I'm so captivated by their thought process that goes into a song like this. I wish I knew. But I'm ok just listening as well. So bizzare. So lovely.

  • 0 Comments:

    blogger templates | Make Money Online