Thursday, June 28, 2007

You! Me! Dancing!

It's been a while since I've really latched on to a new band. I blame the fact I've been working so much, sick a lot, and have since said goodbye to my trusty iPod (r.i.p., I'll miss you buddy). I've turned to comforting favorites when I do get the chance to listen to music, and haven't been to a show where I am left feeling star struck. Or maybe it's just because I don't have time to blog very much these days...we'll never be quite sure.

And yet recently I was assigned a review by a band I didn't know. I supposed they understand now the type of music I enjoy, because they keep assigning me really happy go lucky indie pop or anything British. This time? They hit two birds with one stone in the musical form of Los Campesinos!. At only six songs, their debut is by far one of the strongest, energetic, and hands-down enjoyable albums I've heard in a long time. I think I told my co-worker that it was as if the Boy Least Likely To and Matt & Kim had a little teenage love child. It's equal parts innocent and spunky, with the always added favorites of glockenspiels and hand claps.

Basically, I was in heaven.

I guess it also helps that they are youngsters since I'm always impressed by how talented kids can be these days. There are almost too many floppy haired boys in this band to choose from, but I imagine there's something for everyone, musically that is, in this promising band. Catch them on tour (dates on their MySpace page). And make sure you pick up their debut Sticking Fingers Into Sockets when it comes out on Arts & Crafts next week.

  • Los Campesinos! - You! Me! Dancing
  • Los Campesinos! - We Throw Parties, You Throw Knives
  • 0 Comments:

    blogger templates | Make Money Online