Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Mirror Kisses

I always find my way to stand directly next to a speaker when I go to show, and because of that I think my hearing is seriously depleting. My doctor would not be happy. When I go home last night from Mercury Lounge my ears were ringing. They haven't stopped since. So I'd like to thank those British brothers for providing me with a loss of hearing and a kick-ass rock show last night.

When I saw them at Bowery during CMJ I spent most of their set walking around trying to find a good spot to stand while constantly being harassed to where I was going next by complete strangers. Needless to say I didn't get to enjoy it very much. But last night I was spot on ready and did the whole head banging/singing along/tapping my feet thing. Georgia, a true lover of all things British, loved them from the get-go. How can you not? As fantasmic as their set was, I found myself hoping that it would finish quickly. Their drummer, Ross was in serious pain. He apparently hit his head or something hit his head earlier that night at their previous show. I thought he was going to pass out at any moment. He kept bringing a towel to his head to soak up what looked like blood. Poor guy. He held his own though. I was floored by how intense his drummer was, in spite of a head injury.

I must say I give Mercury some flak usually because it's always too crowded but last night was quite enjoyable. I guess I'll have to stick to the weekdays. People need to chill back on taking pictures though, please. Not only was I going deaf, I was also going blind from the constant flashing. Patience is a virtue. Take one or two shots every song and it will be fine, I promise. Who knew it was so dangerous going to shows these days?

The Cribs @ Mercury Lounge

The Cribs @ Mercury Lounge

The Cribs @ Mercury Lounge

The Cribs @ Mercury Lounge

More at flickr.

0 Comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online