Friday, November 4, 2005

You Set The Fire In Me

How do I love Tom Vek? Let me count the ways...

1. His incredible debut, We Have Sound has been on constant rotation in chez Rachael. No joke, I listen to it at least three times a day. And it's still my pick for best album of the year. No question.
2. He's British. I'm British. And you know British people are so much cooler.
3. His album was recorded in a garage. He played all the instruments. He plays live with a full band, and it sounds just as good.
4. I can dance, sing, and relax to his music....all at the same time.
5. He's not a bad looking guy. And only 24 years old. Set me up.
6. I wrote a play entitled "A Little Word In Your Ear" for a playwriting class. When I couldn't think of dialogue, I used his lyrics. My professor thought it was "fantastic."
7. He may be called the "British Beck" but this guy has created a world of sound all his own.
8. "Cover" is pure pure genius.
9. It's a shock that he hasn't already blown up in the UK. Let's be first for once, then, shall we?
10. He plays The Knitting Factory tonight and is DJing at Scenic afterwards. I haven't been this excited for a show in a long time.

Need more proof? Ok.

  • Tom Vek - A Little Word In Your Ear
  • Tom Vek - Cover
  • Tom Vek - Nothing But Green Lights
  • Tom Vek - I Ain't Saying My Goodbyes

  • 0 Comments:

    blogger templates | Make Money Online