Thursday, April 5, 2007

life : updated

My oh my, how things have changed. I'm up early, in bed early, haven't had a touch of alcohol (okay, maybe, a touch) in a while and there is never enough hours in the day. I'm hiring interns that are less than a year younger than I am, and interviewing people in a place where I just interviewed. Friends are asking me relationship advice and not the other way around, and I was told I could have scarlet fever yesterday.

Don't worry, I don't.

This week has been quite the roller coaster, sprouting from Sunday's shocked reaction over A Brief Smile's radio incident. I'm still in shock, to be honest, but I decided to put that outrage to good use. I spent the greater part of the week putting together a story for CMJ about what happened, and (surprise, surprise) got a lot of different angles, except the hosts themselves. I called them more than my mother calls me, and yet still no reply. Quite the bummer, I did want to hear what they had to say. However, the story came out pretty well, if I say so myself. You can read that story here: CMJ.com: Anti-Gay Slurs Put Radio Hosts In Dog House.

And in sad news, Nora and I have decided to end The Blog Show. The last episode went up today on BreakThru Radio.com. Life has just become too hectic for the both of us, so we wanted to end it on a high note. Check out our last show where we play all of our favorite bands, plus speak a lot of French. Good times, n'est-ce pas?

More soon.

0 Comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online