Thursday, May 31, 2007

So I'm Having A Birthday

Tomorrow I turn 23.

Oh, hey. Yes, still here. Still feeling guilty every day for not updating this thing, but then never having enough hours in the day. Next week I have to get my wisdom teeth out, so maybe that will be the time to let you in on some new bands I've been listening to. And to babble. Babbling on vicodin could be interesting.

But back to this turning 23 nonsense. I love birthdays, no matter if its my own or someone else's. I've never understood why someone doesn't want to celebrate, that whole notion of getting older scares some folks, and because of that they let a fun time suffer. And while I do admit that this birthday is making me a tad bit nervous about my actual state of living, I'm not going to let that deter me from having a grand ol' time. And it shouldn't stop you either.

So for the first time, I didn't plan my own party. For every year since I was old enough to remember, I had every say in the planning department for activities on or surrounding June 1. But not this year. My awfully patient, and very sweet boyfriend decided he was going to throw me a little part-ay. And I must say, he did an amazing job booking bands. In fact, I probably would have the exact same lineup, had I done it myself.

So the shindig is happening on Saturday. You should come by. It's going to be fun. I haven't seen a lot of you in some time and we should put an end to that. And plus, the bands are super frickin awesome. Pat has been interviewing them all week with funny questions, trying to embarrass me. Little does he know that I gave each band $2 and a candy bar to refrain from saying anything too incriminating. Check out the links below, more to come.

  • Get To Know Your Rachael's Birthday Bash Bands: A Brief Smile
  • Get To Know Your Rachael's Birthday Bash Bands: The Antlers
  • Get To Know Your Rachael's Birthday Bash Bands: Wakey!Wakey!
  • Get To Know Your Rachael's Birthday Bash Bands: Seth Kallen & The Reaction

    The info is below. There are six(!) bands, so prepare to come early and stay late.

    Saturday, June 2: Pop Tarts Suck Toasted Presents...
    Rachael's 23rd Birthday Bash
    at The Delancey (168 Delancey St, btween Attorney & Clinton)
    Doors at 8 PM
    $10, 21+

    8:00pm - A Brief Smile (acoustic set)
    8:45pm - Pelle Carlberg
    9:30pm - The Antlers
    10:15pm - Wakey!Wakey!
    11:00pm - Seth Kallen and the Reaction
    12:00am - Jukebox the Ghost

    june 2 @ the delancey
  • 1 Comment:

    Navigator said...

    gemini?
    greetings from jakarta..
    best,
    https://www.carmudi.co.id/cars/

    blogger templates | Make Money Online