Monday, May 14, 2007

So Now I'm Resolved To Act In Wicked Ways

This morning I was getting ready for work and I grabbed my purse which, of course, I didn't see had my phone on top which then went crashing to the ground of my now carpet missing floor. It shouldn't be surprising that this kind of thing happens to me on a regular basis, but this morning the crash that resulted did not sound like the others. And the phone? Well it didn't look like it did before, either.

The screen is cracked, which therefore makes my sidekick virtually useless but I surprisingly was okay by the outcome. It's broken, not exactly perfect, but still usable, so that's fine. This seems to be much of my mindset lately, which could be the reason why I've guiltlessly ignored this blog. Things have been a bit out of wacko lately, but I'm okay with all of it now.

But Katie yelled at me on Saturday for not updating this blog, so here I am. That was after she drove me to Long Island to see Renee, the fortune teller. Not a usual Saturday excursion, but for some reason in our drunken Friday night haze we decided this would be a good idea. And when we begin something, we follow through. So Renee was pretty dead-on with a lot of things, which was both frightening and exciting. The first thing she told me was to stop worrying about everything. I'm bound to live til I'm 80. So unlike my secret concerns, I am not dying at 27 like my rock star heroes. Probably for the best.

I've been on this simplifying kick, a real 180 of a lifestyle from what I have been doing for most of my life. I take on too much, and in lieu of this sickness I've been experiencing for the past couple months, I've decided to focus on what I love and what makes me happy, and to stop my concerns over everything else. If this sounds very Dr. Phil of me, it's because it should. But I'm not some new-age craze. Or maybe I am.

Anywho, the point of all this is that I've been going to shows, but not going to too many shows, which is why I haven't been inclined to update this blog as often. Even though I've taken on a job at a music publication, it's actually given me less time to listen to music and act like a rockstar. Go figure, right?

However, I do have the opportunity to interview some favorites, and recently I chatted with Seymore Saves The World who I know because it features ex-Tapes 'n Tapes bass player Shawn Neary. You can check out the interview here at CMJ.com, it was a lot of fun to do and I've very excited to see these boys live next month (mark the date - June 29 at Pianos, June 30 at Arlene's). The album is fantastic, regardless of whatever stupid Pitchfork says.

I'm going to try and update this thing every day again, if it's just babble. I'm sorry if this bores you.

0 Comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online