Friday, November 16, 2007

Ra Ra Riot - Suspended In Gaffa | Shows

I am having an obsessive addiction to Ra Ra Riot's Kate Bush cover of "Suspended In Gaffa." I always loved the song like but when I downloaded their Daytrotter session last week, it seems like this song is all I want to listen to. First reaction? 100 times better than the original. This isn't the first Kate Bush cover, their popular "Hounds Of Love" cover is pretty fab as well, but for some reason every time I try and listen to some other artists, all I want to do is come back to "Gaffa." There's something about Wes' incredible falsettos and the oom-pah pah rhythm that makes me so happy. I've even resorted to writing emails just about the song.

In other Ra Ra Riot news, Pat and I will be driving down to Washington, D.C. to catch them and our other favorites, Jukebox The Ghost play at the Rock and Roll Hotel next next next Friday. And yes, I know that they are playing New York at Union Hall the next night, but why shouldn't I have a weekend full of two of my favorite bands? I'm sure Pat would like me to mention this was all my idea, but trust me—he's not complaining either. Tickets are still available for the Washington show (road trip!) but Union Hall is currently sold out. And even if you are going to both those shows, you should also make sure you take a trip to the John Pike Memorial Show featuring Vampire Weekend, Tokyo Police Club (and of course RRR) December 15 in Boston. More information on the show, or how to donate to the fund, can be found here.

And now, that tune that will make your Friday so much sweeter.

  • Ra Ra Riot - Suspended In Gaffa (via their Daytrotter Session)
  • 0 Comments:

    blogger templates | Make Money Online