Friday, August 12, 2005

Oh My God I Can't Believe It...

Last night (era, more like this morning): It's 1 AM. I'm walking along a highway in the country side of Scotland. Alone. How I got there? Not a clue. I have £2 in my pocket. All of a sudden I think to myself: I cannot wait to get home.

It's been an interesting week to say the least. From having my purse stolen to realizing I hadn't paid for my hotel in Paris to getting to Scotland and realizing I had no money to not having a place to stay for the last night here, I'm a bit tired. And I'm sure that my parents are pretty tired of me too. (Actually I know, I've heard them yell). I'm a big believer in everything happens for a reason, but for gods sake -- this has been too much.

Regardless, Edinburgh is a crazy crazy town. I happened to arrive here smack dab in the middle of the Fringe Festival. Street performers, film festivals, comedy acts -- things are going on 24/7. I had the pleasure of checking out two indie films, Imaginary Heroes and Festival, and the play Stirring before I ran out of cash.

I must confess. It's been 2 weeks since I've last seen a gig. I'm starting to twitch.

Dublin tomorrow to let my aunts and grandma take care of me. Come Monday I will be sitting in front of my television, not moving for at least 24 hours to catch up on all the Six Feet Under and Entourage I've missed. Then it's apartment hunting. Can't wait.

Please keep your fingers crossed that nothing else happens to me before I get home. I don't think I can handle it. Oh did I mention that my computer crashed and I think I've lost all my pictures from this summer.

Real cool.

Get ready for some intense music posting when I get back. That's right.

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

RACHAEL:

menwomenchildren.com

i saw them on thursday & the totally kicked my ass.

get home safe, say hi to grandma & get ready for the nyc invasion i'm plotting.

Rachael said...

i'll have to get some tunes off of ya when i get back...or better yet when you come to nyc. you are coming before september...for that show....right?

and by the way, grandmas are the best. nothing like irish breakfasts, a bottle of wine, and bumming cigs.

emisario - glad you found me. exciting life yes, but sometimes a bit too exciting. needless to say, i am quite ready to get back to some familiarity.

blogger templates | Make Money Online