Monday, July 23, 2007

i woke up today

I'm moving...again. I promised myself I would stay in one spot for longer than a year, but it just didn't work out that way. All is good, I'm moving to a much nicer apartment that will give me a new area to explore. And with that moving comes the inevitable packing sessions, which I loathe, but can't really do anything about. Luckily it has forced me to start going through those piles and piles of cds I have hanging around, and one of those that I recently discovered is an album named The Wind And The Swell by Port O'Brien.

Once in a while you come across a debut album that just fits. I'd been looking for an album that could be an escape for a little while, with not too much thought, but much more enjoyment. The Wind And The Swell feels like a late night drinking binge with people who know you like the back of their hands. Its lo-fi production makes it feel like a one-take effort in all its imperfections. It's exactly what a love: sing-along songs with a wailing banjo to keep you up late.

The album is actually a combination of their favorite tunes from previously self-released EPs. Not too much is going on with the band at this moment, well except that half of them are in Alaska, according to their blog. Crazy! I'd totally make the trip to see them play. Who's with me?

  • Port O'Brien - I Woke Up Today
  • 0 Comments:

    blogger templates | Make Money Online