Monday, July 25, 2005

Tears of a Clown

So I'm going up the escalator getting off the tube at Oxford Circus -- headphones on, listening to The Stills (where is that new album? by the way) when I look up ahead of me and see a clown. I had a slight fear of clowns as a child, but thought that at the age of 21 I would have gotten over it by now. But this clown was completely freaky, looking more like Jack Nicholson in Batman as the Joker than say, Crusty the Clown. I avoided eye contact until he turned around and waved to me and tipped his hat. I wanted to run, but my exits were limited. So I smiled. And then I realized I only had 2 more weeks left in this city, and how fast this summer has gone.

This weekend: Didn't go to Scotland. Didn't see Clor (sold out). Instead, I was the tourist with Liz and we saw the big sights all around the city. Then I realized I had $60 left to my name and then I started to hyperventilate. It will be amusing to go back to New York after London and actually think it’s cheap. Damn that exchange rate.

So with the last of my money I will hit up Virgin today. Not only does the Editors album come out, but The Stands are doing a free (!) in-store performance to celebrate the release of the new album, Horse Fabulous.

Just got of the phone with Jof from The Boy Least Likely To. Look for an interview next week after getting back from Amsterdam this weekend. Yes that's right, I said Amsterdam.

And before that, I will find another band that will become a new obsession. Seems reasonable, right? Right.

1 Comment:

jerry yeti said...

I've went to Amsterdam for a couple days once. I've heard from others that it's really beautiful there.

blogger templates | Make Money Online