Wednesday, November 9, 2005

The Day After

I needed a good 24 hours to unwind after releasing the issue. I must give up a huge HUGE thank you to Chrissy and Lana who came over on Sunday and kept telling me to breathe while working their asses off into the wee hours of Monday morning. I couldn't have done it without their help. And thank you to everyone who sent me messages about the new issue. I'm glad you like it. I'm having a hard time looking at it anymore. Give me a week.

So let's recap back to last Friday when I should have been working but instead went to profess my love to Mr. Tom Vek. Wes kidded about my obsession, but it's no joke. I'm genuinely addicted. The show, however, could not and did not live up to my own hype. It wasn't bad, by any means, but it wasn't the epic performance that I had expected. Jerry is right -- it sounds exactly like it does on record, which is definitely a feat in and of itself, but doesn't make for a great show. I had fun though, and Knitting Factory was packed. Wes and I asked ourselves how do all these people know about Mr. Vek? Maybe they read my love letters...next time tell him to play "Cover." It was the one song he left out. Perhaps he's waiting to perform it in the comfort of my apartment.

So you are pumped for the show on November 18 right? It's going to be fantastic. We at Underrated also have some other craziness coming up, including a show with Liberated Matter at Pianos on December 3 and a Issue Seven Release Party (Part Deux) December 17 at Fat Baby. I can tell you now that the boys of The Five O'Clock Heroes will finally return to New York and will headline the show. They look pretty good on the cover, don't they? Wait until you see them play.

So tonight I'm debating between Lost and The Upwelling at Rothko. It's harder than it sounds. I will of course tape Lost either way but I have friends who are threatening to call me and tell me who dies. Not cool. Good thing my phone is broken! So yes, I'll be heading out to Rothko. Not only has it been at least a month since I last saw The Upwelling (which is like years in my terms), I am in dire need of a night out to have some fun. Feel free to buy me a drink.

I'm still listening to music.

  • The Cloud Room - We Sleep In The Ocean
  • Surefire - Love's On The Inside
  • Picture - It's Alright
  • Army of Me - Going Through Changes
  • Tapes 'n Tapes - Cowbell
  • Calla - Pulverized
  • Aberdeen City - God Is Going To Get Sick Of Me
  • Death Cab For Cutie - Different Names For The Same Thing
  • The Dead 60's - New Town Disaster
  • The Hold Steady - Your Little Hoodrat Friend
  • Punish The Atom - I Can't Remember The Last Time My Brain Stopped Working
  • M.I.A. - Fire Fire

  • 0 Comments:

    blogger templates | Make Money Online