Wednesday, November 2, 2005

Coming Up

I can't write elaborate posts this week. But you'll forgive me when you check out issue seven on Monday. About a week ago I was ready to throw in the towel. But the genius that is my friend Chrissy has completely revamped the look of the magazine, and I'm a bit obsessed. Ok, really obsessed. I bring the pages to my bed to cuddle up with at night. Just kidding...or am I? Anyways, I can't wait for you all to see it.

Tonight I'm heading over to Knitting Factory for Gothamist's Movable Hype 5.0. Great lineup: Snowden, The Cloud Room, The Capitol Years, and Bravo Silva. $3 buds too. Not too bad.

Thursday Snowden plays again, this time at our new favorite venue, Fat Baby with The IOs, & an acoustic set by PS. The gnome in my closet is debating whether I should be allowed out on Thursday. He says I have a lot of work to do. I'll try and do some convincing.

Friday is the day I've been waiting for, where my secret boyfriend Tom Vek returns to me. Okay, or he'll be playing a guaranteed amazing set at The Knitting Factory. Either one. After, I'll be heading over to Scenic for an open bar, where Mr. Vek himself will be DJing alongside Matt from The French Kicks. I'm guaranteed to get sloppy and make a fool out of myself. It's bound to be a good time.

Save the date:

  • Issue Seven Release Party, November 18, at Crash Mansion. Have I mentioned this before?
  • Innaway on November 21, Sam Champion on November 22, The Cribs on November 28, and Nellie McKay on December 6 (early show). All at Mercury Lounge.
  • Issue Seven Cover Story The Five O'Clock Heroes will be opening for the ultra fab The Subways at Rothko on December 6.
  • The Diggs will release their long awaited full length debut on December 9 with a show at Sin-E. I'm pumped.
  • Issue Seven Release Show part deux coming up in December at Fat Baby. This issue is so good that it needed two release parties. Duh.

    Back to work!

  • 0 Comments:

    blogger templates | Make Money Online