Thursday, November 3, 2005

Playing the Victim Card

Very very brief recap of Gothamist's Movable Hype 5.0. Here we go:

Came late, left early. Saw the tail end of Bravo Silva who sounded pretty damn good. Knitting Factory was packed. No free beer when I got there, but I was fine with $3. First time finally seeing Snowden after many months of adoration. Mostly new songs, ended with "Black Eyes" into "Victim Card" which was frickin fantastic. They rocked, The Cloud Room rolled. Last time seeing them was when they opened up for Maximo Park. I was impressed then, I fell in love last night. They brought up their friends again for "Hey Now Now." Very funny guy break-dancing up on stage. My new friend Joe really liked them. I was yawning and tired so we ducked out before the last band. Kudos to the DJ who played Five O'Clock Heroes upon my entrance and Nightmare of You upon exit. They must have sensed my presence. Tonight Snowden plays again at Fat Baby. Totally worth going. Totally.

Snowden @ Knitting Factory

The Cloud Room @ Knitting Factory

Jerry has a Tom Vek remix up. So pumped for this show on Friday.

You Aint No Picasso has an mp3 by ToothFairy. It's a cheesy love song with catchy Postal Service-esque beats. Right up my alley.

A demain.

0 Comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online