Wednesday, November 30, 2005

People will come, Ray. People will come.


I tend to repeat myself, a lot. But sometimes it works. I posted for about three months about the November 18 show, with some mention of it every day that week. And although my heart told me to listen to James Earl Jones, "People will come," I figured this blog needs a purpose, so I might as well remind people. I like going to shows. I assume you do too. So let me tell you what is going on this Saturday.

You've got four acts and a DJ. A chance to pick up Issue Seven of Underrated and a night out on the town. It starts early with A Brief Smile at 7:30 so do not be late. If you had the chance to check these guys out at the last show, you'll want to see them again. Trust me, it gets better every time.

Then you've got Paula Valstein who I've never heard live before, but have heard good things from Wes (who was just interviewed by Brooklyn Vegan).

After Miss Valstein will be my new pick for the night, The Teenage Prayers whose album is on constant repeat and is sure to have quite the live show.

And then last (but clearly not least) will be The Undisputed Heavyweights who will headline the night, celebrate some birthdays, praise God, and do what they do best.

You may be tired by then, and probably drunk, but that is no reason to go home yet. DJ Nora K will provide us with her musical expertise at the afterparty where I am tempted to ask her not to play Kelly Clarkson for mine and everyone else's sake. Okay okay, fine. But just don't let me sing.

Got it?
Again:
Pianos
Saturday, December 3
7:30 PM
Presented by Liberated Matter & Underrated Magazine
featuring: A Brief Smile
Paula Valstein
The Teenage Prayers
& The Undisputed Heavyweights
Afterparty: DJ Nora K

Get ready:
  • A Brief Smile - We Could Get In Trouble
  • A Brief Smile - And So It Begins
  • Paula Valstein - La La Song (link)
  • Paula Valstein - Michaelangelo (link)
  • The Teenage Prayers - Brown Bottle
  • The Teenage Prayers - Center of the World
  • The Undispusted Heavyweights - Money
  • The Undispusted Heavyweights - Roll Your Windows Down

    Ta da.

    OH YES! Happy 21st Birthday to sometimes Underrated PR, sometimes showgoer, always drinker Liz. She's been sneaking into bars since she first landed on this island, but now she can do it without the fuss. Time to get sloshy!

  • 0 Comments:

    blogger templates | Make Money Online