Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Transit Authority: !@(&$^#(!&*)#$(!&#!

Dear Transit Authority,

I was on my way home from the Lower East Side thinking of a creative way to write about my fun night with Underrated's next cover story The Five O'Clock Heroes.

Then the Q train decided to stop service. Then my iPod ran out of batteries. Then I realized I had to get up in 5 hours. But I stayed positive, finally making it to Prospect Ave, and was patiently waiting for the shuttle service to my apartment.

I have an addiction.

I needed a smoke.

What I didn't need was an undercover cop walking over to me as I am stamping out my Parliament Light asking to see my ID. I thought he was joking. He was not.

Now I have a $50 summons for smoking on a platform.

For the record: the platform is outdoors, there are no signs that say I cannot smoke, and I HAVE AN ADDICTION.

Now I have to figure out a way to find $50 within 15 days because I'm seriously broke. Thank you Transit Authority for proving to me that I have the worst luck ever.

Sincerely,
Rachael

P.S. - Five O'Clock Heroes recap and pictures will be posted...soon.

0 Comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online