Wednesday, March 14, 2007

SXSW: Day One

Status: So frickin pumped
In actuality: Exhausted, it's 4 AM and I slept for maybe an hour
Most excited for: Austin, in general, including (but not limited to) margaritas, tacos, sixth street, cowboy hats, bands, bands, and a couple more bands.

It dawned on me, at about 2 AM when I couldn't sleep that I quite enjoyed my daily CMJ ramblings that perhaps I should bring that back out for SXSW. If only to chuckle at later, it will at least provide more blogging than I have in the last month. We'll see how long this lasts. Sidekick sometimes gets tired of me always pushing its buttons. Ha.

So I'm currently en route to the airport and its still dark outside and I'm pretty sure my cab driver is singing louder than I ever will admit to that Ne-yo song. Ah, the fun is just getting started. I spent most of last night going through a checklist of things I knew I'd forget, while Pat looked at me like a crazy person, and I continued repeating "sunglasses, toothbrush, cell phone charger" out loud. I just want to make sure I'm ready for this craziness. In all actuality I just need a pair of jeans, a couple tees, and a prepared liver. Oh, and it would help if I didn't still have tonsillitis, but beggars can't be choosers.

I've got Jack Bauer and a lot of work to do for the ride over. Ill be in touch from my second favorite city in the US later today. Wish me, and my liver, luck.

0 Comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online