Friday, March 30, 2007

What I've Been Listening To

In the last four months I've spent more money on medication than on music. This is not okay. I'm sick, again, for the 80th time in the past four months and frankly am getting for lack of a better word, sick of it. So I'm working from home today, and it's been a good opportunity to re-listen to a lot of the music I've been digging as of late.

It's been a while since I've posted any MP3s, mostly because I don't have my library at work. When I'm at work, I'm usually trying to focus on a story and music has become more of a distraction than a solace. Strange, right? But I have a CD player that I use, or listen to what everyone else is listening to for suggestions. In fact, one of my coworkers listened to this on repeat yesterday. While everyone else found it extremely annoying, I loved every minute of it. Go figure.

But the truth is, I have been listening to a ton of music lately, mostly on my subway trips to and from work, or the wind-down hours before sleeping. Most of it will not be new to you crazy folks, but I have been a little slow to discover these days. Regardless, the mix below is a lot of what I've been digging, so hopefully you will too. A lot of it is due to SXSW or sent to me by people with their fingers much closer to the pulse.

I blame the sickness.

Enjoy.

What Rachael Has Been Listening To Vol 1:

  • Illinois - Alone Again
  • Ra Ra Riot - Each Year
  • The Lisps - Pepper Spray
  • Modest Mouse - Dashboard
  • LCD Soundsystem - Time To Get Away
  • Kristoffer Ragnstam - Lonely Lane
  • Mika - Love Today
  • Matt and Kim - Ready? OK
  • Voxtrot - Stephen
  • Pela - The Trouble With River Cities
  • Amy Winehouse - Back To Black
  • Bright Eyes - Cartoon Blues
  • Peter Bjorn & John - Start To Melt
  • The Antlers - The Universe Is Going To Catch You
  • White Rabbits - While We Go Dancing
  • The Pipettes - Judy
  • Love Is All - Felt Tip
  • Datarock - Fa-Fa-Fa
  • 0 Comments:

    blogger templates | Make Money Online