Thursday, March 1, 2007

tonsillitis is no fun. or is it? nope, not fun.

You know what's fun? Being sick. Again. And this time? It's tonsillitis! Something makes me want to pretend I'm on one of those commercials and do a little cheer and dance because I have this illness. Maybe it will help. But probably not.

I can't believe it myself, but I've managed to spend the greater part of the last six months on some sort of medication, complaining. Frankly, I wish this wasn't the case. And as much as I hate doctors offices, I forced myself there after work, fell asleep on the examining table, and tried to be optimistic over the fact that I don't have mono or strep. Nope, just tonsillitis. And if this horrific pain that I am currently experiencing doesn't go away in three days, those suckers are on their way out. Ice cream, anyone?

Let's find some good news, shall we?

The good news is that there's a fantastic show going on tonight with my newest obsessions Mason Proper and old-school Underrated loves A Brief Smile. It all starts at 8 PM tonight, and is guaranteed to be a seriously good night. Just don't tell my mom I am going out. And I swear I'm not contagious. So don't be afraid to say hey.



I really like that flyer.

There's a new episode of the blog show up today, but I will get to that later. Everything is finalized for this years SXSW and I couldn't be more excited (hoping that I'm 100% better by then, because I want my margaritas, now). It's amazing what a difference a year makes, as last time I was apprehensive about going down not knowing very many people, and this year basically every band and blogger I know will be there. It's going to be awesome.

What else can I tell you? Next week I've got a super exclusive for you that I'm so happy to share. But before that, you must come to see Jukebox The Ghost on Saturday at Pianos. I'm going to write up a full post about how lovely this band is on Friday, complete with exclusive mp3s for all y'alls. Your new favorite band? Perhaps. Mine? Definitely. Here's the flyer for the show, because it's oh so pretty.



I think that's all I have to say for now.

0 Comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online