Wednesday, October 10, 2007

In Rainbows

"Today has been the most perfect day I've ever seen..."

What an amazing feeling it was to wake up this morning in anticipation of new music. That hasn't been felt since I was a kid where release dates actually meant something and music was a shared, universal experience. I woke up this morning and downloaded In Rainbows, Radiohead's revolutionary new album, and listened to it once. Then on my walk to work I was listening to it for a second time and I began to wonder how many millions of people are listening to this same album on this very day? It's quite an extraordinary though, when you really think about it.

Anyways, love the album. Need to listen to it about 100 more times to actually have a solid opinion. But figured this would be a good time to say that this blog will probably be quiet over the week week or so. CMJ Music Marathon is next week and I'll be running around like a crazy person, updating over at CMJ.com, so bear with me until my life gets back into some sort of order the week following. Don't forget about the Indaba/Underrated/This Side Up showcases next week. We should have a flyer that I will put here once it's ready!

0 Comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online