Monday, May 16, 2005

Don't Believe The Truth

I swear it always feels like it's Monday. Ah well, this one is an exciting one, as I try and make it through this day at work before I get to hear the new Coldplay album. Will give you the low-down tomorrow.

So Friday I decided to come out of my boring shell and headed around the corner to The Crash Mansion for The GoStation. That place could be my new favorite venue in the city -- so close to my apartment, no cover on Friday, and open bar from 9-10. Didn't hurt that there was a great lineup that night too. GoStation put on a solid solid set, and it got me that much more excited for the show on June 2. However, open bars and me never end up fairing well, and by 12:30 I somehow made it back to my apartment but was in rough shape. I swear I was downing those cranberries and vodkas like it was water.

So I missed the after party for The Five O'Clock Heroes but am hopefully catching them tomorrow when they open up for the band every New Yorker loves to hate, The Bravery at Warsaw. The Five O'Clock Heroes are easily becoming one of my new favorite bands...and I do smell an Issue Seven cover story in the works. If I get out of that show in time, I'm gonna head over to Hiro to listen to the new Oasis album. I didn't like "Lyla" at first, but I think it's growing on me. It is so goddamn catchy, how can it not? I'm excited to hear the rest of the album, though, and I read in both NME and Q this weekend that it's one of their best albums yet. We'll have to hear for ourselves.

Info on Oasis Listening Party:

OASIS
DON'T BELIEVE THE TRUTH!

FIRST PUBLIC BROADCAST OF EAGERLY ANTICIPATED NEW OASIS ALBUM
PLUS AMAZING FREE PRIZES
FROM BEN SHERMAN CLOTHING
AND EPIC RECORDS

FREE ADMISSION


WHERE: HIRO at the Maritime Hotel
88 9th Ave (at 16th St)
WHEN: This Tuesday, May 17 at 10:30 PM

NEW ALBUM IN STORES MAY 31



And speaking of fun events, if you take a look over at that handy dandy countdown, you will see it's getting very close to our Issue Six Release Party. And not to mention the day when I finally become legal (and hopefully will last past midnight.) Here's our super cool flyer that the wonderful Liz designed for me. Pass it around, spread the word. You are coming, right?




MP3s (right click, save as)
  • The Five O'Clock Heroes - Run To Her
  • The Five O'Clock Heroes - Turn It Up
  • The GoStation - C'mon
  • Oasis - Lyla

  • 0 Comments:

    blogger templates | Make Money Online