Thursday, May 5, 2005

Everyday I Love You Less and Less

Forgive me while I vent on no sleep and a loss of any coherence. It is basically day three of this lovely relationship with my computer and the Adobe programs getting this next issue together. I think this is the first time where I am actually freaking out that it will not get done in time. Well, I assume that is because this is the first time where I actually have a deadline (not one made up for my own sanity) but that I HAVE to get this issue to the printer on Monday in order for it to be back in my sweet little hands in time for the show on June 2. So Monday, this will all be over.

I don't want to sit here and complain about how tired I am or how my eyes have begun to glaze over, because I do love what I do and wouldn't know what I would do without this magazine. I just am so frustrated right now because I have so many high expectations for each issue, and then I feel like they are never accomplished. Lord knows it has come a long way since the first issue, but I still don't think it’s up there, yet. I go through this vicious cycle each time the issue comes around: pure excitement with all the content, grand ideas for layout and features, loving the issue, hating the issue, time is running out, looks like a grade-school assignment, can't write, must get it done, its done, hate it, get it back, love it, start to find all the mistakes, hate it, and then on the next one. Is that psychotic? Probably.

No no, let's be optimistic, because this issue is really jam-packed with great bands and info, and each issue does get a little bit better each time. That's all I can ask for, right?

Don't forget!!!! Cancel all your Saturday night plans and tell Mom you'll be hungover on Sunday. Join me for a very much needed night out at The Knitting Factory for A Brief Smile, their last show until August! Come pick up a free CD of two of their latest tracks, and copies of the last issue of Underrated. Feel free to buy me a drink as well.

Back to my love....

0 Comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online