Thursday, May 19, 2005

Nothing Else Compares

I had never been so close to greatness before in my life.

I'll try not sounding like a 13-year old girl who could reach out her hand and touch Chris Martin (oh my!), but last night's taping for "Live Leak" was surreal. The hour and a half waiting period was worth it. It followed by an 8-song set by the boys with the usual British banter, a couple re-dos, and a lot of MTV-inspired cheers. But the experience was enlightening on a couple levels:

1. Coldplay is the most down to earth band I've seen. You wouldn't think the biggest band in the world would be the nicest band in the world. Numerous times Martin asked us if we were okay, if we were having fun. He thanked the guy fixing his mic, he thanked the camera guy, and he seemed genuinely concerned of everyone’s well being.
2. MTV is not as bad as I make them out to be. They let me in after all...
3. If you say it's your birthday, you'll get a kiss from Chris Martin that will give him shivers. Dammit, my birthday is 13 days away, I should have spoke up.
4. X&Y is meant to be played live. The songs last night second time around were more impressive. "Til Kingdom Come" was the highlight, and "What If" gained new appreciation. Didn't play "Twisted Logic," sort of a bummer.
5. You can compare listening to an album to having sex, according to Martin. The first time, not so great, but gets better.
6. No matter how many times you have heard "Clocks," there is no substitute to seeing Chris Martin pounding on the piano steps in front of you. I...was....speechless.

Catch the show June 6 when it airs on MTV, and you can see for yourself. Also make sure to look for the girl on the left who looks like an idiot, and that will be me.

Today I interview The Five O'Clock Heroes. This week is fairing out quite well.

0 Comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online