Tuesday, March 8, 2005

I...think...i'm...done...

It's 9 in the morning and I have yet to sleep. Okay, that's a lie, I passed out for an hour after I went to Swift with Liz to do some research for an article she is writing. If anyone has some thoughts on the perceptions of girls who order mixed drinks opposed to beer, let her know. We had fun last night observing for a little while. Somehow managed to meet the publisher at Spin magazine last night too who was incredible. Offered me some amazing advice and got me so inspired. He told me to keep calling, so that's what I gotta do. Liz and I decided we love doing what we do. Has to be a good thing, right?

I somehow managed to speak to Josh of The Upwelling at 2 this morning as well when I got home. I hope I was coherent and now looking back at what I was writing while speaking to him on the phone, it sorta makes sense. They play Bowery Ballroom tonight before heading out on a tour for three weeks. Tonight, they open for VHS or Beta. It's a show you do not want to miss.

So after that I fell asleep fully dressed and with my contacts in for about an hour before I jumped out of bed knowing I had a lot to do. Six hours straight I sat in front of my computer with not even one cigarette break. And now, it's done! (Well, after a final proof.) I gotta say, not to toot my own horn, but it looks great. It's definitely the best one yet, and I cannot wait to get it out. I remember when I finished the first issue I was terrified that someone would actually read it. This time, I'm all for it.

Oh yeah, I went to see the Secret Machines on Sunday and they blew me away. If you haven't seen them live, you must. Their drummer is crazy. CRAZY! Georgia and I were right up at the stage and I felt like I was seeing Led Zeppelin in the 70's. It was just pure rock and roll. I have pictures that I will post one of these days. Too tired now.

I got to get some sleep before class and tonight's show. Everyone check your mailboxes tomorrow night for Issue Five. If you aren't already subscribed, please do!

0 Comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online