Wednesday, March 9, 2005

One Day Early!!!

Well my friends, it's official. Issue 5 is released.



Who would have thought that it would go out a day early? Not me. To download the pdf you can go to the website or click here.

Now that I'm beginning to relax, get ready for Florence tomorrow, I'll give you those photos I promised you.

Secret Machines @ Irving:








The Upwelling @ Bowery:





It was great to see The Upwelling play at Bowery, although I have to say it, wasn't the best show. I think when they play at Mercury, their sound fills up the entire room. At Bowery, they seemed...quiet. Josh told me that their mics weren't up all the way. Scott mentioned that his keyboard had some issues during "Murdered." No sweat. They're gonna be back in May, I hear. I want Bowery to give these guys the sound they deserve, come on now.

I managed to stay awake for the entire show, including a great set by VHS or Beta. It was the first time I had seen these guys live, and I was blown away. Their recordings do no justice. Worst part of the night was having my ID taken away from me by the scary bouncer outside. I think it was the pigtails that gave me away. I have four months left and I'm at a loss on what to do. I can't shell out that sort of cash again, but how can I not survive? Especially since I now cannot go see Snowden at Pianos tonight. Grrr, not cool.

Anyways, please PLEASE read the issue and let me know what you think. I'll be back in the country on the 20th, and who knows, maybe I'll find some great Italian band. Or not. I'll be sure to let you know.

Yay!

0 Comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online