Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Suffer For Fashion | Of Montreal

It's been a very stressful time as I'm sure it is for most people right about now. I'm just counting down the days until I am on a boat with a very large margarita in my hand. Until then, I will use music as my sanctuary.

Last week I received a copy of Of Montreal's new album Hissing Fauna, Are You The Destroyer? out January 23 on Polyvinyl (pre-order here). I always liked Of Montreal, but never loved them. Frankly, there was just too much material for me to digest and most of their albums got lost along the way. There's no excuse, I just never had the time to sit down and give this band the listening session they deserved.

However, for the past week my co-worker Lee and I have been obsessively listening to the new album. For some reason, it makes the days oh so much brighter, and life a little bit easier. It's the same quirky sunshiny pop as their previous efforts, but for some reason this album as a whole makes sense to me for the first time. Previously, I'd find songs I love, but couldn't stand listening to an album as a whole. But not with Hissing Fauna.

I love how this band can combine complete variety (mixing songs as short as one minute to over 11 minutes) and yet still execute a cohesive album from start to finish. I'm going to bet that I listen to this album habitually while on vacation. It mixes with sunshine and relaxation, quite well.

  • Of Montreal - Suffer For Fashion
  • Of Montreal - She's A Rejector

    You can listen to the entire album here.

  • 0 Comments:

    blogger templates | Make Money Online