Sunday, February 18, 2007

A Brief Smile | New Shows



For the spring premiere of Lost, I found myself in the company of five different local bands. Now, I could go into a long dissertation about the relationship between fans of both music and Lost, but I won't. I'll just say it was pretty cool. And I got to play Wii for the first time. So there.

And what I did get to hear while I was there was a brand spanking new demo from A Brief Smile. Seriously folks, you have no idea what you are in for. It has been a long time since I heard anything absolutely new from the band (probably because I see them play live every chance I can get), but holy sneakers. This young band is probably the most ambitious songwriters I know. And it's working out for them. Just wait til you hear what is in store. You'll be floored.

While I was very excited to hear that new demo, I was not happy to hear that there were no shows coming up at that point. Luckily enough, that has changed in the last two weeks as now A Brief Smile will be playing two local shows, both of which are pretty frickin cool.

You obviously know about my latest obsession with Mason Proper, and so the fact that they will be playing with A Brief Smile at my beloved Sin-e is pretty spectacular. And one more for our friends The Music Slut with Locksley? Oy vey.

Here's what you need to know. See you there.

March 1: Sin-E
with mason proper
doors: 7pm, mason proper: 8pm, a brief smile: 9pm

March 24: The Delancey
the music slut spring fling
with the midnight hours, the silent years, cassettes won't listen and locksley
doors @ 8pm

Check them out on myspace and purchase their debut album R.E.S.T.

0 Comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online