Monday, February 5, 2007

An Underrated Update

Dear regular, semi-regular, once-in-a while, and newbie blog readers (Yes, all of you),

I wasn't sure how to start this post. Or whether I should even bother to write it in the first place. To be honest, most of you regular blog readers are friends or acquaintances of mine, and we've already gotten drunk to celebrate the news that I'm about to tell you. And the other 98% of you couldn't really care, and are here to get free MP3s (there's some at the bottom of this ramble, I promise). And then I think it may not be that big of a deal. And I should just continue yapping about hottie musicians and songs I play too many times.

You see, when I started this blog it was a lot more personal. I actually wrote what I did on a daily basis. It was incredibly boring and self-involved and frankly there’s only so many ways you can write about going to see shows, getting too drunk, and making a fool out of yourself. So I focused more on the music itself, which is why Underrated was created in the first place. And since then, I have been very hesitant to share any information of my personal or professional life. You never know who could send you a creepy email.

Here I go again, I'm babbling.

The point is that I've accepted a new job. I feel very silly making a big deal out of this, but just can't help it. For the past week I've been walking around with a very awkward grin on my face because frankly, this is exactly what I've been working towards. When I started Underrated, back in the day, stapling those pieces of paper together was step one. I had no idea what I was doing. To be quite honest, my taste in music was questionable. But for some reason I was determined to make this my life, and with each issue, show, blog post -- I'd like to think I got a little bit better at all this. And for that, I'm so terribly excited and yet utterly scared about this new adventure that is about to take place.

With that said, I will continue to update this blog as much as I possibly can, but please be patient with me in this whole transition interval that is about to take place in the next couple weeks. Underrated has been my biggest accomplishment to date, and I would feel a little bit lost without it. So while I'm trying to prove myself over at CMJ, I'll be back here swooning about which band I'm chasing after. Feel free to stick with me, if you dare.

Thank you to all for reading over the years and forgive me if this all came off as ridiculously sentimental. I'll learn…one of these days.

With that, here's my version of a cheesy inspirational mix.

  • Radiohead - Lucky
  • The Stills - Ready For It
  • Ryan Adams - Elizabeth, You Were Born To Play That Part
  • Office - Possibilities
  • Ennui - Change
  • Morrissey - Do Your Best And Don't Worry
  • Joni Mitchell - All I Want
  • 0 Comments:

    blogger templates | Make Money Online