Tuesday, February 6, 2007

This Ain't A Scene? Hm.

Okay, so yesterday was a very strange day. In fact I've been in a very strange mood ever since everything has sort of changed in my life and frankly I don't know where my head is half the time. It's so cold that my wardrobe has gotten too creative for my liking. And last night I took part in some questionable activity.

Forgive me if I make you feel completely nauseous in the next three minutes, but my good friend (who will remain nameless in case of embarrassment) received a gift recently, a gift that is considered a bit strange by most people. She received earwax candles, and swore by them. So last night, after hitting up Pianos happy hour (best deal in the city, yes?) I found myself lying on the floor while Sean lit a candle that was stuck in my ear. Not your average Monday night, I'd say. But today I feel like a brand new person. If you ever find yourself wanting to try something truly disgusting but overall satisfying, this is my recommendation*.

*[Update: Okay, perhaps I should have done a bit more research originally. But turns out earwax candles aren't really effective, and in fact dangerous. Apparently the results are completely psychological. Now, I'm a little bit sad.]

And yet that was not the strangest part of my evening. Despite how exhausted I was by midnight, I found myself waiting up to watch Fall Out Boy on David Letterman. Why, you ask? Well, I'm addicted to their new song. And I'm not ashamed to admit it. I've listened to it too many times, and each time I want to sing along at the top of my lungs.

So in an attempt to feel as though I'm not alone in all this, I'm posting the song. And in case I've lost all indie cred, there's a Shins post coming up soon, because no one has heard of them, right?

  • Fall Out Boy - This Ain't A Scene, It's an Arms Race

  • 0 Comments:

    blogger templates | Make Money Online