Monday, February 12, 2007

White Rabbits @ Sin-e | More shows, Debut Album News!

White Rabbits


So it's been ages since our show that we presented, but I'm getting through them all. And since I found myself surrounded by those dear White Rabbits on Saturday night, celebrating the completion of their debut album. But we'll get that in a bit. Let's talk about the fact that even though I was near-death that fateful Saturday night, I stood front and center for what is officially declared as "my new favorite band" for one of the most enjoyable sets I've seen by the band (and in a short time, I've seen a good amount).

White Rabbits


I was afraid that after all of my hype that people might be disappointed. Luckily enough, every single person that I had been telling how much they'll love this band, did in fact love them. And that had to be the greatest feeling ever. Because truth is, this band is pretty fantastic. And it wont be very long that they are being kept secret. Mark my words.

What's most enjoyable about watching this band play is two fold. Not only do they have incredibly addicting and entrancing songs, but they actually look like they are happy to be on stage. Most of my favorite bands put on rowdy live shows. It's part of what makes live music so special. And when you see White Rabbits play, they all have goofy grins on their faces and they feel the music. I know, sounds silly. But it's not that silly if you happen to be grinning and shaking your hips as well. It's a give and take, people. Get ready.

Exhibit A: Goofy grin, below.

White Rabbits


I've had an unmastered version of their debut album for a little over a month now, and I can't stop listening to it. Seriously, it's an addiction, and for good measure. But as I said earlier, the record is finally finished and I can inform you now that it will be entitled Fort Nightly and will be out on Say Hey Records May 22.

I know, feels like forever. But totally worth the wait.

White Rabbits will be playing Gothamist's show this Thursday at the new Luna Lounge in Brooklyn. They will also be playing with French Kicks on February 23.

Consider me there for both, goofy grin and all.

(Photos above thanks to Abbey at Punk Photo)

0 Comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online