Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Sorry | Youth Group

I was walking to work this morning, on an unseasonably warm day (well compared to yesterday) and I found myself reading all of the posters, signs, and stickers across Houston. One of these days I'd like to take out a pen and paper and write them all down, make them into some pretentious poem or give them to a band to make some kick-ass song. One of these days I'll have time to write again, for pleasure. There's a play I worked on throughout college that I'd like to return to. I find myself talking about it a lot lately, and like an old friend - I'd like to sit down and chat with it for a while.

But time, my friends, is never on our sides.

I started the new job yesterday and have never felt time go by so quickly. It was honestly thrilling. One of these days (besides getting back into writing for pleasure) I'll learn how to avoid being so awkward upon first introductions. But I have faith I'll be comfortable in no time. I left work so elated last night from the day's events. I hate to admit it but I haven't felt that productive in over eight months. While completely frightening all the time, I was satisfied by day's end. But of course I then had to head home and deal with people who forget sometimes that most of us all in this for the right reasons. And yet some people (I won't name names) like to blame others for their own faults.



I won't let it get me down, because in all honesty I haven't felt this happy in a very long time. I keep waking up to some very strange dreams and wondering if everything has been switched around. Like in Sonic The Hedgehog (which my roommate purchased last week and now has become our obsession), when you are racing each other (I am always Tails) and you switch places. The screen goes all crazy and all of a sudden you have no idea where you are. But somehow you are ahead.

I like that.

Again, posts from now on will be a little sporadic, but I will do my best.

Youth Group - Sorry

0 Comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online