Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Textbook Example

The professor of my "Writing about Pop Music" totally freaked out on my class yesterday. Apparently, as a collective group of people, we don't "discuss" enough, and "know enough" about music. I'm definitely not the most outspoken person in my class, but we do occasionally have some interesting conversations. Excuse us if we don't know all the details about Robert Johnson, or even Elvis Presley. I won't pretend that I know all about Bob Dylan's influences either. But when we start talking about our generation, and current music, we do speak. We have a wide range of knowledge and preferences in our class, and altough I wasn't the biggest fan of the class at first, I'm beginning to appreciate the 3 hours a week I have the opportunity to talk about music. Not like I can ever get enough.

So when I am given a recommendation to check out a band, I always will. One of my family friends told me to check out Her Space Holiday yesterday. Turns out that this one man band consisting of Marc Bianchi (who has worked with the likes of Bright Eyes, The Faint, and R.E.M. to name a few) has made the rounds on mainstream press and yet somehow I'm just hearing about him now. Indie Don't Dance posted about him just last month as well. His new album The Past Presents The Future sounds promising from the three tracks I've heard. It's sort of guilt-free pop, teetering with electronics and garage based recordings.

  • Her Space Holiday - Forever and A Day
  • Her Space Holiday - The Weight of the World
  • Her Space Holiday - A Match Made In Texas

    Announcement # 2 for the November 18 show tomorrow..

  • 0 Comments:

    blogger templates | Make Money Online