Friday, October 7, 2005

Le Weekend

It was quite the big news day yesterday. I woke up to find some saddening news about a band that you'll find out about next week. Then I think I've just about finalized the issue release party that you'll find out all the details for, soon enough. Then this subway hooplah where I had everyone I know call me and tell me not to take the subway home. (Of course I did, but I hope that $50 I paid the MTA is going to good use). And then my mom called me while I was at work to tell me that they are moving to London.

London!!

I guess I should be sad. My childhood home (okay we just moved to a different house four years ago) in New Jersey will no longer exist. I'll have to crash at someone's house whenever I want to visit the Usual. But now I can jet off to London whenever I have time. Not bad, old chap, not bad at all.

Besides all that, I'm sorry this blog has been lacking in any excitement. I haven't been to a show all week. I've been in bed by midnight every night. I can't remember the last time I had a pint (my god!). Sadly this will have to continue for the next month. But it will all be worth it when you see the next issue. It's going to be damn good.

But of course you don't expect me to stay in all weekend. So I choose Saturday night to go all out, and for good reason -- A Brief Smile is playing at Knitting Factory. I highly recommend you check this band out. Their new songs are incredible and they are on to something big, huge even. They don't stay young very long these days. And if it's worth my only night out, then you know it has to be good.



Afterall, I did call them New York's Best Kept Secret. I never lie.

Lana and I will then be let loose in the Lower East Side. We'll try and make it to M-Lab at Crash Mansion or just go drink our lives away. This is, after all, our last night of freedom before I bombard her with stories to copy edit and I begin to start twitching from lack of sleep.

At least this is a 3 day weekend! Maybe I'll go out two nights. Oooh. Scandalous.

Some Rachael recommended tunes for your holiday weekend:
  • The Subways - No Goodbyes
  • The Undisputed Heavyweights - Money
  • Youth Group - Forever Young
  • The National - Watching You Well
  • Death From Above 1979 - Blood On Our Hands
  • Stars - Heart
  • Wolf Parade- You Are A Runner And I Am My Father's Son
  • Tom Vek - If You Want
  • We Are Scientists - What's The Word
  • Editors - You Are Fading

  • 0 Comments:

    blogger templates | Make Money Online