Saturday, October 1, 2005

You're My Hero

I have a little crush on Mr. Nic Harcourt, and I'm not afraid to admit it. It's that voice. Oh so sexy. When I had the chance to talk to him on the phone for about 15 minutes, I was as giddy as a school girl. Morning Becomes Eclectic keeps my work days enjoyable, and now that they have pod casts available to download, I have that voice with me wherever I go. Oh yeah, I dig his choice in music and his never-ending knowledge, too.

Download KCRW Podcasts:

  • Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
  • Every Move A Picture
  • Stellastarr*
  • Tom Vek

    I've been feeling a bit under the weather the past few days, so my life has consisted of Netflix and bed by 10. I'm feeling a bit better today, and will not keep myself cooped up in my apartment for another night. I'm going with Georgia to see Thumbsucker and then down to Sin-e to see Beat Radio. It's been awhile since I've grown to love the recordings of a band before I have had the chance to see them live. Not sure which is better, but I'm incredibly excited to see these songs that I have had on repeat for the past few weeks played live. I don't anticipate being disappointed.

  • Beat Radio - treetops
  • Beat Radio - ancient as the stars
  • Beat Radio - mexico
  • Beat Radio - elegy
  • Beat Radio - a million miles
  • Beat Radio - the places that i've been

    And then tomorrow is Interpol at Webster. As much as I dislike Webster, I think this is going to be a good show. Last time I saw Interpol was in Dublin, which rocked. And then time before that was at Radio City, which was interestingly fun. Sad that for this band we know consider Webster an "intimate" venue for this band, but it just may be. We shall see.

    I found these two songs on the 'net. They are from the Precipitate EP that came out in 2001. I hadn't heard them before, so they are new to me.
  • Interpol - Precipitate
  • Interpol - Song Seven

    Speaking of Interpol, anyone hear their song "Direction" off of the Six Feet Under soundtrack? I was listening to the album when I bought it and came across the song and thought it was awful. Then I looked and saw it was Interpol, and was quite surprised. Is it just me or is that opening guitar line incredibly annoying? And it lasts over 2 minutes! Listen for yourself and see if it's just me.
  • Interpol - Direction

  • 0 Comments:

    blogger templates | Make Money Online