Wednesday, April 5, 2006

Lovers Who Uncover | The Little Ones



I think I've found my new favorite band.

So I've been in this not so funky funk for a week now. I'm a bit of a control freak (surprise surprise) so when things are out of my control, I go a little nuts. So when things go badly, and I can't do anything about it - I am completely bummed out. I think that showed a bit last night at "Get On Your Dancing Shoes." I wasn't feeling, so, dancy. (Plus I screwed up like 10 times, go figure). But fear not, people. Because even though it's snowing outside, and even though I'm running on three hours of sleep...there is a band that I just fell in love with. And for that, I'm sorta giddy.

Upon a recommendation on Coolfer, I checked out this LA band. Coolfer described them as "the kind of pop smarts that make The Shins so lovable." That's reason enough for me to check them out, and I was immediately taken.

Since March 29, I haven't been able to go a day without listening to them. No joke. I've only got two songs, but two songs that I have memorized and officially declared them part of my happy music. Seriously. It the kind of music that makes the day more bearable, with yes, That Shins pop mentality, and a little bit of craziness a la Love Is All or Arcade Fire.

In a nutshell, it's awesome.

Buy their upcoming EP here. It will be released next week.

If you live on the west coast (and are not victim to a snow storm in April right now), go see them on April 18 in LA for the album release party. More in on their myspace.

  • The Little Ones - Loves Who Uncover
  • The Little Ones - Cha Cha Cha

  • 1 Comment:

    Anonymous said...

    I screen music for college radio, San Antonio, TX, KSYM, 90.1 FM, Your Only Alternative. We are playing "Lovers who Uncover." Does that please someone?? Anyone? If it does, send me a msg at jboyle4@Mail.accd.edu. Peace 40 Years of Sound Education. Regards, Jim "Scoop" Boyle

    blogger templates | Make Money Online