Monday, April 10, 2006

Your Eyes Are Liars | Sound Team

I've been spending the last three hours looking for a mini palm tree. It's my assignment for the day at work, and it's a lot harder than you would think. Luckily I have the advance of Sound Team's album Movie Monster to keep me entertained.



The album is a lot better than anticipated. I don't know why I expected the worst, but something tell me that when you have a very strong song, the rest of the album will be hindered because of it. Nope. I was wrong. But it takes a couple listens.

It's a lot darker than I thought it would be, with its electronic tinkering constant and pulsating from start to end. Dare I say it actually is one of the few bands that I could compare to Pink Floyd that actually lives up to it? Each song is grand, relying less on melodies and more of atmospheric renderings. It's quite impressive.

Come to Piano's upstairs tomorrow night and I'll play a couple tracks off of it. You can tell me if you dig it too.

  • Sound Team - Your Eyes Are Liars

    The band will be in NYC May 17, playing Webster Hall with Elefant.

  • 1 Comment:

    Anonymous said...

    Siding for Your Home..Great new Web Site on vinyl siding prices If you are looking for vinyl siding prices We can help....... Visit ud today at http://allhousesiding.com/home.pl?ceda=seamless&stucco=off

    blogger templates | Make Money Online