Monday, March 6, 2006

Bang Bang Rock And Roll

That excitement felt on Thursday night into Friday night combined with an awesome show at Crash Mansion caused me to sleep for the entire rest of the weekend. Seriously. My old roommate Jen is in town from Minnesota and we spent the weekend watching Law and Order marathons. I like to sing along to the theme song and insert my own "dun dun" even when it's not appropriate. That's how I roll.

Friday's show was yet another success for Underrated so thank you all who came out. The bands were superb as always, from my Philly boys Cordalene, to the always impressive Slowlands, the I-rock-so-hard-I-break-guitars Kinetic and the NYC dance pumping tunes of Overnight.

Rob and I held down the musical accompaniment in-between sets, and I swear I have never seen a more enthusiastic crowd dance to The Knack's "My Sharona." That was just pure awesome.

But yes, the far too much alcohol I consumed that night mixed with the fact that I haven't had a good nights sleep in maybe a month, caused me to crash for the rest of the weekend. But do not fret, this week is looking stupendous. My apologies for the lack of podcast (we'll get one going soon enough) and my big news for Tuesday has been delayed. But wipe those tears from your eyes -- we'll have fun, don't you worry.

Next Underrated Showcase? April 7. Save the date.

The crowd loves Underrated

Cordalene @ Crash Mansion

The crowd

Slowlands @ Crash Mansion

Kinetic @ Crash Mansion

Overnight @ Crash Mansion

A huge thank you to Abbey Bradon for taking the second half of the shots while I was in the DJ booth. For more photos, click here.

0 Comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online