Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Hellodrama | What Made Milwaukee Famous


I heart weird bands name. What Made Milwaukee Famous is a great one. This band hails from Austin, yes Austin, and is in town this week playing a slew of shows.

Due to a extremely positive recommendation from Nikki I will be peeping in to check them out tonight at Pianos before I head upstairs, and then checking out a full set tomorrow at Mercury Lounge. The mp3s alone are pretty damn enjoyable, and Nikki's email alone got me there:

I don't know if you're planning on checking out What Made Milwaukee Famous this week, but I highly recommend that you do. I saw WMMF at Southpaw tonight, and I fell easily in love with the band. The show started out with a sparse crowd that quickly grew as people arrived throughout the set, and the stragglers came closer to the stage. I would say four songs in, WMMF had people dancing. The set was short but sweet and amazing. Poppy indie-ness that had catchy choruses, plus the band just looked like they were having a great time. I have a feeling that the crowds will swell as the week goes on.


Speaking of emails, I just got this message from my future DJ partner (when she moves to NYC this summer) and I fell off my chair laughing.
and i saw lance armstrong last night.
we rode bikes, it was nice.
he says hi and LIVESCHLONG.

Oh boy. We are going to be quite the duo.

I'll let you know how WMMF is tomorrow! But for now check out some awesomeness that are also known as mp3s from the band.
  • What Made Milwaukee Famous - Hellodrama
  • What Made Milwaukee Famous - Amost Always Never
  • What Made Milwaukee Famous - iDecide

  • 0 Comments:

    blogger templates | Make Money Online