Monday, March 13, 2006

SXSW Day One Schedule

After nursing my cold back in Jersey and then coming back and rearranging my apartment, I think I'm better now. There's nothing like a new feng shui to get your spirits back up and running.

So after the rearranging, and the cleaning, and the watching of a fabulous Sopranos debut, I sat down with all the showcases and parties in front of me and began to narrow down my SXSW trip. It's extremely hard for me because there are so many bands I don't want to miss, but are probably playing in NYC soon, or I've already seen. So I'm trying to balance myself between enjoying some old favorites, while still checking out some promising newbies.

Wednesday morning I leave at the butt crack of dawn, and after an 8 1/2 hour flight to Austin (damn layovers) I will be ready to go. Here's what I have planned for my first day/night (and the least hectic, with good measure) plus some free MP3s. The rest of my schedule will be posted today.

Wednesday:

Cornerstone/Fader
3:00 - 3:25 Field Music

  • Field Music - You're So Pretty
    3:45 - 4:10 La Rocca
    4:30 - 4:55 Tapes 'n Tapes
  • Tapes 'n Tapes - Insistor
    5:15 - 5:40 Carina Round
  • Carino Round - Ready To Confess
    6:00 - 6:25 Rumble Strips
  • Rumble Strips - Motorcycle
    6:45 - 7:10 Cities
    7:30 - 8:00 The Zutons

    Emo’s Main Room:
    9 PM – Voxtrot
  • Voxtrot - The Start Of Something
    10 PM – Field Music
  • Field Music - Shorter Shorter
    12 AM – Of Montreal
  • Of Montreal - Wraith Pinned to the Mist and Other Games
    1 AM – And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead
  • And You Will Know... - Mistakes & Regrets

  • 0 Comments:

    blogger templates | Make Money Online