Friday, March 3, 2006

Terror! | The Rakes

I felt like it was Christmas Eve last night and I was six years old again, trying desperately to make myself fall asleep, but too excited to do so. It's Friday people, and it's time for the Underrated Showcase! Did I mention you need to RSVP? Just checking.

I may have some really frickin fantastic news to report today. Or maybe you'll have to wait all weekend. I can't tell you yet, because we are still ironing out the details, but I'm telling you this is huge. Like internationally huge. If you know what show I'm going to on Tuesday, that may be a hint. But I can't say anything, just yet.

Guess what? We're going to podcast! Yep, that's right. I have no idea how to do this podcast thing, but apparently some very nice people have set it all up for me. So tonight during sound check at Crash Mansion I'm going to interview each band playing tonight. Then we'll add in some of their fabulous songs, put it all together, and it will all be ready for you over the weekend. Woohoo! Now you can hear how awful I am at interviewing. Your wish is my command.

So the last part of how great tonight's show is that after all the bands play their sets, and everyone fills up on the open bar and cheap drinks thereafter, Rob from Morning Theft and I will be spinning some classics and some newbies, guaranteed to make you dance your little bootie off. This whole DJing thing has become my new obsession, and I am habitually adding in new songs to my playlists.

Here's a sample of what you can hear tonight:

  • The Rakes - Terror!
  • Oh No! Oh My! - I Love You All The Time
  • Blind Melon - No Rain
  • Modest Mouse - Float On
  • Ted Leo - Me and Mia
  • Better Than Ezra - Good
  • Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Date With A Night
  • Mark Ronson feat. Alex Greenwald - Just (Radiohead Cover)
  • Everclear - Santa Monica

    So come early, stay late. It's cold outside, we'll keep you warm.

    See you tonight! Come say hi! And don't forget to RSVP! I can't stop using exclamation points!

  • 0 Comments:

    blogger templates | Make Money Online