Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Stop and Shoot | The Hard Tomorrows

I wish someone taught me time management. I have so much to report on lately, but never enough time. There are two huge stacks of CDs on my desk -- one of which I need to write about, and the other that I still need to listen to. We also have the next issue of the magazine that needs to be finished, the show next week that needs to be situation, plus I graduate in a month and will have to find a new job. One day at a time. One day.

So for tonight, I got two shows and two bands on my mind - both of which I haven't seen before which is super exciting. I didn't get to see What made Milwaukee Famous last night because everything at Pianos was pushed later and I had my DJ duties to attend to, but lucky for me they are playing Mercury tonight. See yesterday's post for mp3s from the band.

After that I will run over to Arlene's Grocery because my favorite DC band, The Hard Tomorrows have graced NYC with their presence. I've been waiting. Semi-patiently. And now they are here. Yay!



I caught up with Rob in Austin and he gave me a sample of songs from their upcoming debut LP. Fantastic stuff. A nice continuation from the five-song demo that I got a year ago that made me fall in love with the band. If you are looking for some quality indie-rock-pop that will make you realize music can be both catchy and clever, then listen up. And come check them out tonight at Arlene's to see if they can (and will) live up to my expectations live.

Rob is also back April 8 to play a solo show at the wonderful Rockwood Music Hall and then the band comes back again to Arlene's Grocery on April 15.

  • The Hard Tomorrows - Stop and Shoot
  • The Hard Tomorrows - Glossy Eyed Sweetheart (my favorite)
  • The Hard Tomorrows - Put Yourself Out (from 5 Song EP, buy here)

  • 0 Comments:

    blogger templates | Make Money Online