Monday, December 19, 2005

Apple of My Eye

Anyone who knows me knows I'm a bit of a Macintosh geek. I've never used anything but a Mac and years ago when all my friends were making fun of me (pre-iPods) I convinced them that getting a Mac is the way to go. Now they all have one. I try and refrain from my "I told you so" antics.

So with every new fun program or update, it somehow just makes my life that much better. Like widgets. So unnecessary, and yet so amazing. But the latest update that Steve Jobs has thrown our way is particularly fun for any music fan. I don't think this is anything new, but basically here's the jist: When you use iChat (their version of Instant Messager), you can see what song is playing from anyone's iTunes, as long as they are using iChat and have opted to let the world see it. Then you can click on the little arrow and it takes you to the iTunes store if you want to purchase it. Genius.

So naturally I find joy in watching other people's playlists, it's my new favorite pasttime. And now everyone can see just how obsessively I listen to one song, or artist. Now if only Steve Jobs would let us stream the music from one person's playlist (a sort of click and see what someone is listening to, type of deal) that would be awesome. Maybe I should work for Apple, it was always a dream of mine as a kid. I'm a bit of a computer nerd.

So anyone who's been looking at my iChat playlist, chances are you've noticed how often I've played this song. It's probably one of the most beautiful things I've ever heard and on cold nights when you wish you were sitting on a beach somewhere without a care in the world, this song just hits the spot. No wonder I've been listening to it so much...

  • Imogen Heap - Hide And Seek (from Said The Gramophone's 2005 Best Music)

  • 0 Comments:

    blogger templates | Make Money Online