Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Strike strike strike strike

I was totally kidding when I said last night that I hoped this strike would happen. Part of me wanted to see what it would be like, but I didn't really want to see. Now I'm stuck in Brooklyn, working from home because my company wouldn't provide any transportation. And I was supposed to see Nightmare of You tonight at Bowery, but it looks like that can't happen either. Boo.

Lucky for you there will probably be a bunch of posts today because I have nothing else to do. There have been two recent late night talk show appearances by two of NYC's most popular indie rock bands, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah and We Are Scientists. CLHSY performed on Conan on Saturday and I watched their performance last night. I'd heard a little chatter and apparently it wasn't that great. I thought I'd watch for myself, and everyone was right. Awful. Just awful. I'm not one to start any backlash but I can't help being honest. Song choice was dumb. Alec's voice was at an all time high, with the cracks and the screeching a bit too forced. They all looked like they were going to pass out. That probably would made for better TV if they did.

On the contrary, We Are Scientists performed on David Letterman last night and totally killed. Perhaps this band just has more energy but no matter how many times I've listened to "Nobody Move, Nobody Get Hurt" it sounded brand new last night. They looked calm, cool and collected, and happy (gasp!) to be there. Imagine that? Keith's hair has never been so floppy and you know I have a certain affinity for hair. I only need to see one eye, people. Totally okay with me.

Anyone else catch either performances?

Coming up today: Part 1 of "The Buzz on Blogs"

0 Comments:

blogger templates | Make Money Online