Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Heard About Your Band



Besides a snazzy new logo, the boys of A Brief Smile have landed a coveted gig at my favorite venue, Bowery Ballroom. They will open up for The Fray on February 22 alongside Cary Brothers and The Damnwells.

Tickets are on sale TODAY here. Buy. Them. Now.

And listen to A Brief Smile on MySpace.


Well since all my New Years plans just fell through yesterday (don't they always), there's a chance I may head down to see The Upweling play at The Delancey. You can preorder your tickets here. The band is also up for spin.com "Band of the Year" (read article here) so get ready to vote come January.


Speaking of Band of the Day, Miss Nellie McKay was up there yesterday in support of her new album Pretty Little Head out January 3. Miss McKay graced the cover of Issue 3 of Underrated and will always be one of my favorite interviews. I can't wait to hear the new album, the single is good, but you know there's going to be some nuttiness on the rest of the tracks. You can't keep this girl down.

  • Nellie McKay - Real Life


    Ladies and Gentlemen, let me introduce you to my new favorite band.

    I've posted about Something for Rockets before, but I feel as though that last post may have passed you by. "The Line" was included in my Top 28 but I now have become completely obsessed with their album, to the point where I really can’t listen to anything else. I hate to make comparisons, but if you like The Postal Service, you are going to like this. It's a bit darker and dare I say it, more innovative. Mixing elements of electronica and indie dance pop, SFR (as the cool kids call them) are an LA band that needs to get to NYC right now. Start listening, because I'll go there and drag them myself if I have to.

  • Something For Rockets - Dancefloor
  • Something For Rockets - Take it Slow
  • Something For Rockets - Neighbors
  • Something For Rockets - Red In The Face

    I love this band. Find more here, and buy their album on InSound here.
    #34 Seller of 2005! On their self-titled debut, Something For Rockets infuse hypnotic dance-floor beats with lush melody and poignant lyrics. Evocative, intelligent, and stylish, the result is a sound that is both vintage and future, dark and playful, and all anchored by the romantic sentiment of young and hopeless-self-destruction.

  • 9 Comments:

    Buy Caliplus anti impotence pills said...

    Nice set of names of various bands, but it could have been even better.

    Niagra herbal aid for impotence said...

    lol..i myself have a band....really nice names though....

    Vimax penis enlargement pills said...

    I have started admiring you seeing your effort. Great effort you have given for this blog.

    Male Extra enhancement pills said...

    It's a bit darker and dare I say it, more innovative. Mixing elements of electronica and indie dance pop, SFR (as the cool kids call them) are an LA band that needs to get to NYC right now.

    Instant Performer penis enhancement gel review said...

    They will open up for The Fray on February 22 alongside Cary Brothers and The Damnwells.

    Provillus stop scalp hair loss fast said...

    They will open up for The Fray on February 22 alongside Cary Brothers and The Damnwells.

    Buy Maxocum sperm pills said...

    Damn I like them very much .Thanks for share .

    Best Charcoal Smokers Review said...

    I never where in a band but i think the time has come and by reading your post today i gain a lot on confidence.

    Vigaplus said...

    While reading the whole post the whole post is confusing for me.It can be described in detail.

    blogger templates | Make Money Online