Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Someone Get Me Out of Here

This strike has got to end. It's only been a day, but already I feel like I'm ready to pull my hair out. I considered walking to Bowery Ballroom last night for Nightmare of You. But then I pictured myself walking home. And it's very cold outside. So instead I paced around my apartment hour after hour, cleaned for the fifth time, and literally twiddled my thumbs. This is not something I'm used to. I don't like having this much time on my hands. Please, let it end soon.

One of the things I did yesterday was to make a new mix. I'd call it the "Strike Mix" but none of the songs have anything to do with a strike. So maybe "What happens when you live in a remote part of Brooklyn and there are no subways or buses to get you anywhere and as a result you are incredibly bored." That may be too long. We'll see.

  • Aqualung - Brighter Than Sunshine
  • Jose Gonzalez - Heartbeats
  • Arctic Monkeys - I Bet You Look Good On The Dance Floor
  • The Subways - I Want To Hear What You Have Got To Say
  • Something For Rockets - Might As Well
  • Voxtrot - Raised By Wolves
  • Stellastarr* - Sweet Troubled Soul (James Iha Remix)
  • Five O'Clock Heroes - White Girls
  • The Strokes - You Only Live Once
  • Cordalene - Counterfeit
  • Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Date With A Night
  • Feist - Mushaboom
  • Imogen Heap - Hide ad Seek
  • Metric - Poster of a Girl
  • The Upwelling - Am I In Here?
  • Nine Black Alps - Behind Your Eyes
  • Diamond Nights - The Girl's Attractive
  • Jenny Lewis - Handle With Care
  • Nightmare of You - Heaven Runs On Oil
  • Aberdeen City - Sixty Lives (Live on WOXY)
  • The Michelles - Sober Rain
  • The Long Winters - Ultimatum

    Related: Cracker's United offers up the Pros & Cons of the NYC Transit Strike.

  • 1 Comment:

    Anonymous said...

    New web sites are sprouting up like blades of grass and competition is intensely fierce. pandora jewellery A small but growing number of small business owners have discovered the answer pandora jewelry to this question and are kicking your butt.

    blogger templates | Make Money Online